Monday, July 9, 2012

Mother Cabrini's Shrine Field Trip

On Tuesday, June 12th the Rosary Maker's of Cabrini journeyed on a field trip to Mother Cabrini's Shrine. I was more than excited to participate in this fun time and visit the shrine again!

Floyd and I both had doctor's appointments that morning.  The plan was to meet the group in the parking lot of Cabrini and carpool to the mountain.  That plan did not work out.  As we passed the church the group began caravaning out.


We rushed home, dumped Floyd in the front yard (he was scheduled to work that night and couldn't join the field trip), and I began my solo journey up the mountain!  Is this something I could do by myself?  I wasn't sure, I had never driven the road by myself before, oh my!

As the little tin can nosed it's way up the curvey drive I thouht about the beautiful deer we saw standing by the road back in September on our way to the retreat.  The car had no trouble then and I was very relaxed and joyful, so why would this time be any different? 

As I climbed higher and higher I imagined Mother Cabrini making this trip time and time again driving her horse drawn wagon filled with orphans , in all sorts of weather, all the way from Denver.  Ok, this was really a breeze for me in my hybrid modern vehicle with four wheel drive, christian music on the radio, a smooth paved road and a glorious clear day.  I've got this!!!! 

Then I rounded a curve and beheld the statue of Jesus with stretched out hands to welcome me here.  I was soooo happy to be right there, right then to experience this moment.

At the chapel I joined my group for a wonderful day of sightseeing, lunch, shopping and devotion. 

During a great lunch prepared by the nuns we were treated to a piano recital by a sweet lovely lady who has been playing for her parish for 32 years!

During our visit to the chapel by the healing waters and rosary garden we prayed the rosary together.  Tears of joy flowed down my face as this was the first time I had been a part of this glorious process.  The love and reverence I felt as I prayed with my brothers and sisters of this special group of people will remain in my heart forever. 




















1 comment:

  1. Good morning to all. I am posting a comment as a test to ensure this part is working! Thank you for all your emails. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete